Collab Asia, a digital media company and social media influencer network, today announced that it has raised US$7.5 million in Series B funding in a round led by Gorilla Private Equity (Korea). Other investors include Samsung Ventures (Korea), PKSHA SPARX Algorithm Fund L.P. (Japan), NCORE VENTURES (Korea), and Silicon Valley-based Altos Ventures (USA). This latest investment follows a US$3 million Series A funding round in 2017 from Altos Ventures.
Eugene Choi, CEO and Co-Founder of Collab Asia said: “Collab Asia set out to put creatorsfirst, so this Series B round of funding is a big milestone toward connecting creators with brands and other business opportunities to extend their reach and revenues.”
Allen Lee, COO and Co-Founder, Collab Asia, said: “Our first round of funding allowed us to prove that our business model works in every Asian market that we enter. We’re excited to continue our growth in each of our markets and strive for leadership in each business segment.”
- The Series B investment is led by Gorilla PE, and includes Samsung Ventures, PKSHA SPARX Algorithm Fund L.P., NCORE Ventures, and Altos Ventures––who also invested in Collab Asia’s previous Series A round
- Collab Asia is a digital media company and social media influencer network that helps content creators maximize their financial and creative potential across multiple digital platforms
- Collab Asia manages over 1,800 YouTube channels worldwide that collectively have over 155 million subscribers and 2.5 billion monthly views
- Collab Asia has offices in Seoul, Tokyo, Jakarta, Hong Kong, Manila, and Singapore
- The Singapore office opened in September 2019 and will serve as the company’s regional hub for Southeast Asia and also serve advertisers looking to expand marketing initiatives across the APAC region
- Collab Asia will use the funds to expand its services and grow its global workforce of 150 people
Full press release
The post Digital media firm Collab Asia raises $7.5m Series B appeared first on BudiPutra.com.